Saturday, October 27, 2012

Lucchese & Buddy Holly

I've liked Lucchese boots for along time.  Never figured I could afford them, and once I could, discovered that they hurt my flat feet.  (Even with two pairs of sox and Birkenstock inserts.)  But I still like them, and I especially enjoy the store in Santa Fe. 
We went into this store for the first time a couple of years ago, when it first opened (I think it was during Indian Market).  Very well done and we met Randy Steele.   He's a very friendly guy.  As we got to talking, we learned that he's from Lubbock, went to Texas Tech, and is a huge Buddy Holly fan.  As a matter of fact, he's well known and is very influential in maintaining the Buddy Holly and the Crickets website.  Haven't seen him since, but understand he's now the director of retail stores (esp. SATX and SFe).  My wife has a couple of pairs of Lucchese's; I'm happy to support this quality institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment