Monday, June 3, 2013

Red Road - Al Anon (Earl)

Al Anon - Earl
I'm just a jerk - why do I need 2 steps?
Co-dependence
Alcohol is what grown ups do

If you don't clean your  late you cannot join the Navy ---- meeting the expectations of others ---- no vote from me

Perfect family - ignore the elephant - learn to lie very well.  Telling you what I think you want to hear.  Knowing how to act - behavior .  Coverup / fix.  Denial.    Roller coaster .  How can I fix this?  If I just do or say the right thing,  it'll fix everything.

Angry & tired = bad behavior.
Put Wife in trash can!  = abusive behavior .

Al Anon --- see ME doing the right thing.

Al Anon - people showed their scars ---- not my way --- taught to show only the shadow.   Find the people in charge---- learn all the rules so I could fix everything----take over and fix it.  Possessive of the meeting and how it worked.

Lots of resentments --- distrust of old timers.   Lots of ego. 

If its not broken , I'll fix it until it is.

I usu. expect the worst - alcoholic childhood

HP is not in the past or future.  If I'm in the past or future,  I'm alone.

Nobody cares if I'm not perfect

It doesn't matter WHY.

If my hair's on fire, don't ask "how did they happen?"  Put out the fire  and don't worry about why.

Happily ever after = now.

I have everything I need.... My wants are constantly changing

I'm ok - it's ok

Learning to fly








Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment