Monday, June 3, 2013

Red Road Al Anon Meeting

Alanon

Aloha-God's breath to you-----my God be in you and with you throughout the day

Councilor NM-boarding school.
Taught not to feel- hurt too much
Illinois - CA w/ Anglo families for school. No hug when left home. Safe at the mission - not safe at home... Scolded me - others worried - I didn't know my father & brother were drunk & fighting.  Graduated in CA.  Lived with sister & her husband.  Drinking& drugging after HS - but didn't keep it up---stopped @ 21!  Learned from experience. 

Job Corps center in OK.  Married Seminole-Choctaw  man. .. He  Joined army - Korea -  very drunk when he returned.  DUI.  Thought I was responsible.  Jail. Car impounded.  Ft. Polk LA - class for DUI ---- feeling that I was responsible.    We're in love with their potential---- continued drinking thru military.  Rugby & drinking...Ft Benning another DUI --- 17 yrs in USA - my bottom --- crying --- felt sorry for myself because I couldn't fix husband.

Whiteboard my story - circle the people/ relationships w/ alcohol.

Sponsor --- keep coming back
Al Anon. Family in GA then Tulsa ok

Emotionally still a child

(Emotional age - when I started drinking)

Taking responsibility for ME and my thoughts actions feelings ---- not blaming others for my situation

4th --- awareness

The program is to help me fill my potential ----not about me helping someone else fill their potential ....

God is big beautiful  and unknowable






Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment